I wake up every morning and reach for my glasses on the night stand before checking the morning news. For some reason I’ve noticed over the past few weeks that things are a bit blurry. Maybe I need a new prescription, or maybe I have cataracts.
Cataracts are one of the leading causes of visual loss in the United States. A cataract is a clouding of the lens in your eye. This lens is located behind your iris, the colored portion of your eye, and works just like a camera focusing light and sending images to your brain. Cataracts can be the reason why sharp images become blurred, why colors soften and why seeing at night has become more difficult.
There are a number of reasons why Cataract Laser Eye Surgery could be the cure you’re looking for. Below are five things you need to know about this procedure and its benefits.
- Bladeless – the skilled surgeon preforming your surgery will be utilizing a laser instead of a scalpel which offers a more predictable and precise procedure.
- Safe and Successful – cataract removal is one of the safest and most effective surgical procedures in the United States with over three million surgeries preformed each year with a 98% success rate.
- Out-patient Surgery – surgeries are preformed in our office and generally take less than an hour. Patients are sent home the same day, shortly after surgery.
- Typical 30 Day Recovery Period – Many patients have improved eyesight within a few days after surgery and, however it may take a couple of weeks for your vision to take on 100% of benefits of laser cataract eye surgery.
- Provides Best Possible Vision – with cataract laser eye surgery you’ll experience the sharpest vision possible due to accurate incisions and corrections helping you to achieve a goal of being less dependent on your eye glasses after surgery.
If you’re experiencing any symptoms of cataracts it’s time for an eye exam. Contact the professionals at Corrective Eye Center at 216.574.8900 to schedule an exam today!
Alcon – “Cataracts – Seeing beyond the blur” – Office pamphlet
AcrySoftIC ReSTOR – “Choose the cataract replacement lens that lets you see more than ever”. – Office pamphlet