Even though summer is shortly coming to an end, the sun is still out and UV rays haven’t gotten any less harmful. It is important to take precautions to guarantee your eye health and transition into the fall with great vision. Start with an eye exam.
August is National Eye Exam Month. According to the Vision Council of America, 12.2 million Americans require some kind of eye correction but don’t use any. In addition, almost 50% of parents with children under 12 have never taken their kids to an eyecare professional for an exam. Take care of yourself and your loved ones this month by scheduling an appointment.
Here are five reasons why you should observe National Eye Exam Month and schedule an appointment for you and your family today.
- Better grades. It is known that one out of every four children have vision issues that can result in falling behind in school. Taking your children to an eyecare professional can help prevent unnecessary disadvantages in school.
- Stop the headaches. Eyecare professionals are experts in pinpointing the reason for headaches. Most commonly they are related to your vision.
- Identify eye conditions early on. Seeing an eyecare professional will help identify conditions such as if you need eyeglasses or contact lens. Save your eyes the inconvenience and let a professional identify whether or not you need any sort of vision correction.
- Prevent eye disease. The most serious eye diseases do not have any symptoms. An eyecare professional is able to spot the early signs of cataracts, macular degeneration, etc. By meeting with a professional you can identify early signs of disease and prevent them from worsening.
- Keep prescriptions up-to-date. Seeing an eyecare professional will help keep your current eye correction up-to-date. With new improvements in eye correction technology, better eye correction solutions could exist without your knowing.
Keep you and your family safe by observing National Eye Exam Month this year and schedule an appointment today. Call Corrective Eye Center at (216) 574-8900 to schedule an appointment with one of our eye doctors in one of 4 Cleveland area locations or fill out our request an appointment form.